Houston Police Chief Troy Finner has released a statement, confirming that he spoke to Travis Scott and his team prior to the Astroworld festival regarding the serious safety concerns he had that he said he’s never seen in 31 years in law enforcement. As previously reported, eight people were killed, with hundreds injured during a stampede at the concert.
Chief Finner said in a statement, “I met with Travis Scott and his head of security for a few moments last Friday prior to the main event. I expressed my concerns regarding public safety and that in my 31 years of law enforcement experience I have never seen a time with more challenges facing citizens of all ages to include a global pandemic and social tension throughout the nation."
He continued, "I asked Travis Scott and his team to work with HPD for all events over the weekend and to be mindful of his social media messaging on any unscheduled events. The meeting was brief and respectful, and a chance for me to address my public safety concerns as Chief of Police."
He added, "As I have previously stated, our criminal investigation continues. We are asking for everyone to be considerate for the grieving families during this incredibly difficult time. Please continue to lift them up in prayer.”
Meanwhile, Travis has agreed to pay for the funeral of the eight people that died at the concert. He also announced a partnership with BetterHelp to provide further aid for individuals impacted by the tragedy. The company is offering free online sessions with a licensed therapist.
In addition, he also agreed to refund everyone that attended the concert.
TRAVIS SCOTT AND LIVE NATION HIT WITH MORE LAWSUITS; TRAVIS FACES MORE FALLOUT
In related news, the rapper is now facing seven more lawsuits that have been filed within the last 24 hours—and according to those close to the situation, more lawsuits against him are expected in the coming days.
Houston law firm Roberts Markland LLP filed the seven recent lawsuits that reportedly alleged that Travis and concert promoter Live Nation both failed to provide adequate security and a security plan to protect all those in attendance at Astroworld.
Travis continues to face fallout for the tragedy. Over 5,500 people signed a petition to prevent him from performing at next year’s Coachella.
Fortnite has also removed a Travis Scott music emote from its item shop following the tragedy.
TRAVIS PULLS OUT OF DAY N VEGAS MUSIC FESTIVAL
In other news, Travis has pulled out of the upcoming Day N Vegas music festival after the Astroworld tragedy. The rapper was set to headline on November 13th. The website cites a source that revealed Scott is “too distraught to play."