Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness fell by 67% in its second weekend at the domestic box office, pulling in $61 million. The drop is one of MCU’s biggest for weekend number two, although Spider-Man: No Way Home is among those titles as well, with a 67.5% drop. According to Deadline, sub-par reviews are to blame for the decrease in turnout.
Universal’s Firestarter didn’t have such a fiery start over the weekend either, bringing in just $3.8 million. Meanwhile, Everything Everywhere All at Once continues to perform well, earning another $3.3 million. The film is A24’s third highest-grossing film at the moment.
Box Office Numbers From Friday, May 13th through Sunday, May 15th:
1. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, $61 million
2. The Bad Guys, $6.9 million
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2, $4.55 million
4. Firestarter, $3.8 million
5. Everything Everywhere All at Once, $3.3 million
6. Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, $2.42 million
7. The Lost City, $1.73 million
8. The Northman, $1.7 million
9. Family Camp, $1.42 million
10. Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, $1.05 million