- Bruce Springsteen has released a performance video for his cover of the Commodores' “Nightshift.” The track, which is available now, will be featured on his upcoming covers collection, Only The Strong Survives, which drops on November 11th.
- The legendary 1978 photo of Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth taken outside the first McDonald's in St. Louis has now been officially hung in the in restaurant — Franchise Number 71. The classic shot features the two musicians holding hamburgers and McDonald's bags in the snowy parking lot while on the road in support of the Van Halen's debut album. (Ultimate Classic Rock)
- Coming on December 2nd will be Neil Young's 50th anniversary edition of his 1972 classic, Harvest. The triple disc set features a trio of session outtakes and a live BBC concert from February 1971. The collection also features a DVD of the BBC show along with the two-hour documentary, titled Harvest Time, featuring footage from in and around the Harvest sessions. (Pitchfork)
- Paul Simon and his Texas-born and raised wife Edie Brickell have bought and moved into a new home outside of Austin in Wimberly, Texas. The New Bohemians lead singer shed light on the purchase, telling The Austin American-Statesman: “I wanted to have a closer proximity to the band. So we got a place down in Wimberley that has a big jam barn. It’s a dream that we’ve had since we were kids, and it’s finally come to pass. We’re having so much fun playing there.” (TheEagle.com)
- Beach Boys frontman Mike Love has bought a majority stake in San Diego’s Miramar-based distillery. Love's new alcohol blend — Club Kokomo Spirits — will be produced there. According to the report: “Ringing in at 10 percent ABV, they include the 'Kokomojito,' named by Love for his favorite cocktail, a mojito, made with lime, mint, lemongrass, and rum from Seven Caves, as well as the tropical 'Mystique,' which combines guava and lychee with jasmine tea-infused rum; 'Afternoon Delight,' a combo of citrus, maple, ginger, allspice, rum that can be served cold or warm like a hot toddy; and 'Excitation,' a gin cocktail with notes of black cherry, passionfruit, and citrus.” (SanDiegoEater.com)
Quick Takes: Bruce Springsteen, Van Halen, Neil Young, Paul Simon, Mike Love
By Music News Oct 16, 2022 | 8:00 PM