- Aerosmith are rumored to soon be announcing a massive "40-plus" date North American tour. The band — which according to reports will include drummer Joey Kramer — is said to announce the trek during an upcoming appearance on SiriusXM's The Howard Stern Show. Joe Perry let the news slip on New York's WBAB radio station, stating: "I don't know if I'm not supposed to announce it or not, but we are gonna announce the tour, and it's gonna start in September and will go into next year. And being one of the guys who votes on this kind of thing, it looks like we're gonna do it." (BraveWords)
- Sammy Hagar took time out to slam fellow Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth. Blabbermouth transcribed some of the "Red Rocker's" chat on Steve-O's Wild Ride! podcast, in which he said of "Diamond Dave": "He's not a fun guy. He doesn't play well with others. I'm not sure what his problem is. He just always is about, 'How can I make this guy look bad?' And not just me — in life. He's a chest-beating motherf***er. And God bless him, 'cause the early stuff is frickin' great. (I thought) he'd be a fun guy to know. But he ain't like that. He ain't like his persona. When you get around him, he ain't that guy. He's some other cat (laughs)." (Blabbermouth)
- The legendary red and white Kramer guitar played by the late-Eddie Van Halen in Van Halen's classic 1984 "Hot For Teacher" video has sold at auction for $3,932,000. According to the report, "The winning bidder also took home the guitar's original case with tour and Warner Brothers tags, and straight jacket and white gloves worn by Van Halen in the video." (People)
- Coming on June 2nd is Roger Waters' latest solo set, The Lockdown Sessions. The album was recorded during the Covid lockdown in 2020 and 2021 and originally issued back in December was a digital-only download. The Lockdown Sessions include remakes of such well know tracks as "Vera" from Pink Floyd’s The Wall along with "Two Suns In The Sunset" and "The Gunner's Dream" from Waters' final album with Floyd, 1983's The Final Cut. Also included is "Comfortably Numb 2022" which Waters and his band recorded live in concert during his recent "This Is Not A Drill" tour. (BestClassicBands)
- Iron Maiden has just rolled out three new Canadian arena concerts for this fall. New dates now on the itinerary are September 28th at Calgary's Scotiabank Saddledome; September 30th at Edmonton's Rogers Place; and October 2nd at Vancouver's Rogers Arena. As previously reported, Maiden is slated to appear on October 6th at Indio, California's inaugural Power Trip Festival.
Quick Takes: Aerosmith, Van Halen, Roger Waters, Iron Maiden
By Music News Apr 23, 2023 | 8:00 PM