Offset and Quavo reunited at the 2023 BET Awards last night (June 25th) to pay tribute to their fallen group member Takeoff. The two performed Quavo and Takeoff's "Hotel Lobby" and their hit "Bad N Boujee." This marked the first time they were on stage together since 2021.
The BET Awards was all about celebrating 50 years of hip hop with several performance medleys that included legendary hip-hop artists. After Lil Uzi opened the show with a performance of his hit "I Just Wanna Rock," DJ Kid Capri introduced the Hip Hop 50 Stage, with performances from The Sugar Hill Gang, MC Lyte, D Nice and Big Daddy Kane, who paid tribute to Biz Markie.
Other Hip Hop 50 performances throughout the night included Warren G, YoYo, Tyga, E-40, Trick Daddy, Trina, Jeezy, Uncle Luke, T.I. and more.
Meanwhile, Marlon Wayans and Swizz Beatz presented Busta Rhymes with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Busta later performed some of his biggest hits and collaborations, including "Ante Up," "Scenario" "Look At Me Now," "Give It To Me," "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See," "Pass The Courvoisier" and more. He bought out MOP, Remy Ma, Scar Lip, Swizz Beatz, Rah Digga, Coi Leray, Bia, Cutty Ranks and Spice.
Beyonce — who wasn't in attendance, was honored with the BET HER Award and the Viewers Choice Award for her hit "Break My Soul." Her latest wins make her the most decorated act in BET Awards History with 35 wins.
Coco Jones won her first BET Award, taking home the award for Best New Artist. She later hit the stage with a wet and sultry performance of "ICU."
Before announcing the winner of the Best New Artist Award, Ray J let it be known that he and his wife Princess Love are back together, letting men who are sliding in her DMs know that she is his.
Teyana Taylor won the award for Video Director of the Year and her mom accepted the award on her behalf and called a surprised Teyana on Facetime.
Patti Labelle paid tribute to Tina Turner with a performance of "Simply The Best" … and forgot the lyrics!
Latto killed the stage with an engergetic, supermarket-themed performance of "Hit The Floor." She also paid tribute to Shawty Lo.
In a tribute to West Coast Hip Hop, Warren G performed "Regulate," YoYo hit the stage with "You Can't Play With My YoYo, Tyga performed his hit "Rack City" and E-40 performed "Tell Me When To Go."
Davido hit the stage with a lively performance of "Feel."
BET paid tribute to our fallen angels, including Pimp C, Pop Smoke, Young Dolph, Guru, The Notorious B.I.G., Big Pun and more.
In a tribute to Miami hip hop, Trick Daddy and Trina hit the stage for a performance of "Nann." Uncle Luke performed "I Wanna Rock."
Chief Keef hit the stage, repping Chicago and the Ying Yang Twins repped Atlanta with their hit "Wait Til You See My.."
Doechii performed her hit "Block Boy (What It Is);" and bought out Trillville, who performed "Some Cut."
Jeezy paid tribute to Shawty Lo on the Hip Hop 50 stage, with a performance of "Dey Know." Followed by T.I., who hit the stage with his hit "24s." Master P repped for New Orleans with "Make Em Say Uhhhh."
BET bought the Hip Hop 50 stage back to NYC with performances from Eric Sermon, Keith Murray and Redman.
Then BET paid tribute to reggae with performances from Doug E. Fresh and Lil Vicious, Mad Lion and Patra.
Back on the Hip Hop 50 stage, Fat Joe and Remy Ma performed "All The Way Up," Fabolous performed "Breathe, " Styles P blazed the stage with "I Get High" and Ja Rule lit the stage with a performance of "Put It On Me."
Ice Spice performed at the BET Awards for the very first time. She performed "Munch" and "Princess Diana."
The Hip Hop 50 Finale performance included Doug E Fresh, breakdancers, Kid N Play, King Combs, 69 Boyz, Soulja Boy, Dem Franchize Boyz, Unk and Fast Life Youngstaz set the place on fire with a performance of "Swag Surfin."
Summer Walker and Lil Meech: Summer Walker and Lil Meech blessed the red carpet in all black. Summer rocked a sparkly, black YousefAljasmi gown.
Princess Love: Princess Love brough Hollywood glam with a flowy, low cut gold dress.
Everybody! This was one of the worst red carpets ever!
2023 BET AWARD WINNERS LIST
Best Female Hip Hop Artist
Video Director of the Year
Teyana “Spike Tey” Taylor
Best New Artist
Viewer’s Choice Award
“Break My Soul,” Beyoncé
Best International Act
Burna Boy (Nigeria)
“Break My Soul,” Beyoncé
Best Female R&B/Pop Artist
Best Male R&B/Pop Artist
Chris Brown / Usher
Drake and 21 Savage
"Wait For U" Future ft. Drake and Tems
Best Male Hip Hop Artist
Album of the Year
SOS / Renaissance
Dr. Bobby Jones Best Gospel/Inspirational Award
Maverick City Music and Kirk Franklin
Young Stars Award
Drake and 21 Savage
Lil Uzi Vert opened the show with "I Just Wanna Rock"
- ["♪♪♪♪ Just spin again ♪♪ ♪♪ pull up in a fishbowl ohh clear lens ♪♪ ♪♪ spin again spin again ♪♪ ♪♪ spin again ♪♪ ♪♪ spinnin […] Like im a ceiling fan ♪♪ ♪♪ I got too much what ♪♪ ♪♪ I get the […] […] ♪♪ ♪♪ I get the […] […] ♪♪ ♪♪ […] I'm a dog mut ♪♪ ♪♪ […] I'm a pit ♪♪ ♪♪ I leave a […] Stuck ♪♪ ♪♪ […] The […] Once duck ♪♪ ♪♪ pull up an Opp duck ♪♪ ♪♪ […] On a […] For lunch ♪♪ ♪♪ that […] Woke up dub ♪♪ ♪♪ she need make up ♪♪ ♪♪ I got a lean cup ♪♪ ♪♪ got ice to the brim its crushed ♪♪ ♪♪ […]in on me […]S ♪♪ ♪♪ I got a nice wife ♪♪ ♪♪ im […]ING ♪♪ ♪♪ out of this […] Her wig came off twice ♪♪ ♪♪ she had a little fro ♪♪ ♪♪ she look like ice spice ♪♪ [cheers and applause]"] SOUNDCUE :55 OC…like ice spice [cheers and applause]]
Sugar Hill Gang performs "Rapper's Delight"
- ["♪♪ I said a hip-hop, the hippie, the hippie ♪♪ ♪♪ to the hip, hip-hop and ♪♪ ♪♪ you don't stop the rockin' ♪♪ ♪♪ to the bang-bang boogie ♪♪ ♪♪ say up jump the boogie ♪♪ ♪♪ to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat ♪♪ ♪♪ now, what you hear is not a test ♪♪ ♪♪ I'm rapping to the beat ♪♪ ♪♪ and me, the groove, and my friends ♪♪ ♪♪ are gonna try to move your feet ♪♪ ♪♪ you see, I am wonder Mike ♪♪ ♪♪ rock the house ♪♪ ♪♪ a to the black, to the white ♪♪ ♪♪ the red and the brown ♪♪ ♪♪ the purple and yellow ♪♪ ♪♪ but first, I gotta bang-bang ♪♪ ♪♪ the boogie to the boogie ♪♪ ♪♪ say up jump the boogie ♪♪ ♪♪ to the bang-bang boogie ♪♪ ♪♪ let's rock, you don't stop ♪♪ ♪♪ rock the rhythm ♪♪ ♪♪ that'll make your body rock ♪♪ ♪♪ well, I'm imp the dimp, the ladies pimp ♪♪ ♪♪ the women fight for my delight ♪♪ ♪♪ I'm the grandmaster with the three mcs ♪♪ ♪♪ that shock the house for the young ladies ♪♪ ♪♪ and when you come inside, into the front ♪♪ ♪♪ you do the freak, spank, and do the bump ♪♪ ♪♪ and when the sucker mcs ♪♪ ♪♪ try to prove a point ♪♪ ♪♪ we're treacherous trio ♪♪"] SOUNDCUE :49 OC…we're treacherous trio]]
Coco Jones wins Best New Artist
- ["Thank you Jesus, Thank you so much BET. I remembered when I did 106 and park with y'all when I was 16, those tight, little grey skinny jeans and my sneakers — it has been a long journey. Thank you, guys, for rocking with me the whole time. Thank you so much to my culture, who has stood beside me, and we were raised together, y'know it's been a really long journey, thank you to my team, thank you guys for taking a chance on me. I didn't have anything going for me at that time, so thank you. And I want to thank god so much for keeping me when I didn't understand, and for all of my black girls — [cheers and applause] We do have to fight a little harder to get what we deserve, but don't stop fighting, even when it doesn't make sense and you are not sure how you were going to get out of those circumstances, keep pushing, we are deserving of great things, y'all, and I'm going to continue to give y'all my everything. Thank y'all so much. [Cheers and applause]"] SOUNDCUE 1:01 OC…y'all so much [Cheers and applause]]
Latto performs "Put It On The Floor"
- ["♪♪ Rip me out the plastic I been actin brand new […] Actin' like they running' […] ♪♪ ♪♪ they really ran through ♪♪ ♪♪ I'll spend that five hundred ♪♪ ♪♪ 'fore I ever trap you ♪♪ ♪♪ they thought I was gon' fall off ♪♪ ♪♪ I hate to bring you bad news ♪♪ ♪♪ threw so many racks ♪♪ ♪♪ a […] Can't even see the floor ♪♪ ♪♪ from Atlanta to L.A. ♪♪ ♪♪ the only time I'm back and forth ♪♪ ♪♪ cheap […] Make you pick ♪♪ ♪♪ rich […] Get you both ♪♪ ♪♪ gave the Bentley to valet ♪♪ ♪♪ and let that […] Drive the boat ♪♪ ♪♪ let me pop off ♪♪ ♪♪ leave the club sloppy drunk ♪♪ ♪♪ come home and get my rocks off ♪♪ ♪♪ heard '[…] From da souf' ♪♪ ♪♪ he tryna see me knock his socks off ♪♪ ♪♪ told them […] Meet me at the top ♪♪ ♪♪ think they got lost ♪♪ ♪♪ Go like grizz ♪♪ ♪♪ she thought I would kiss her [..] ♪♪ ♪♪ she must ain't took her meds ♪♪ ♪♪ […] Around my neck, it cost a arm and leg ♪♪ ♪♪ swear that […] Set for life ♪♪ ♪♪ I let him get me preg' ♪♪ ♪♪ I done done it all, feel like shawty lo ♪♪ ♪♪ laughin' to the bank, but […] Is not a joke ♪♪ ♪♪ say she got a problem? Imaginary smoke ♪♪ ♪♪ […] Said it's up, then put it on the floor ♪♪ ♪♪"] SOUNDCUE 1:00 OC…on the floor]]
Warren G performs "Regulate"
- ["It was a clear black night, a clear white moon ♪♪ ♪♪ Warren G was on the streets tryin' to consume ♪♪ ♪♪ some skirts for the eve so I can get some funk ♪♪ ♪♪ Rollin' in my ride, chillin' all alone ♪♪ ♪♪ Just hit the east side of the l-b-c ♪♪ ♪♪ on a mission tryna find Mr. Warren G ♪♪ ♪♪ seen a car full of girls, ain't no need to tweak ♪♪ ♪♪ all you skirts know what's up with 213 ♪♪ ♪♪ so, I hooks a left on 21 and Lewis ♪♪ ♪♪ some brothers shootin' dice ♪♪ ♪♪ so I said "Let's do this!" ♪♪ ♪♪ I jumped out the ride and said "What's up?" ♪♪ ♪♪ some brothers pulled some gats ♪♪ ♪♪ so I said "I'm stuck!" ♪♪ ♪♪ Since these girls peepin' me I'ma glide and swerve ♪♪ ♪♪ these lookin' so hard ♪♪ ♪♪ they straight hit the curb ♪♪ ♪♪ onto bigger, better things ♪♪ ♪♪ than some horny tricks ♪♪ ♪♪ I see my homie and some suckas all in his mix ♪♪ ♪♪♪♪ I'm getting' jacked, I'm breakin' myself ♪♪ ♪♪ I can't believe they takin' Warren's wealth ♪♪ ♪♪ they took my rings, they took my Rolex ♪♪ ♪♪ I looked at the brothers ♪♪ ♪♪ said "Damn, what's next?" ♪♪ ♪♪ they got my homie hemmed up and they all around ♪♪ ♪♪ can't none of them see him ♪♪ ♪♪ if they Goin' straight pound-for-pound"] SOUNDCUE :55 OC…pound for pound]]
Coco Jones performs "ICU"
- ["Something' 'bout your hands on my body ♪♪ ♪♪ feels better than any man I ever had ♪♪ ♪♪ something' 'bout the way you just get me ♪♪ ♪♪ I try and I, don't 'cause I, can't forget ♪♪ ♪♪ you've got a feeling ♪♪ ♪♪ a soul, that I need in my life ♪♪ ♪♪ oh, oh ♪♪ ♪♪ and though we may grow ♪♪ ♪♪ I don't know why we don't grow apart ♪♪ ♪♪ maybe I-I-I-I-I, I need you ♪♪ ♪♪ I breathe you, turnin' my heart blue ♪♪ ♪♪ maybe I-I-I-I-I, I need you ♪♪ ♪♪ when I leave you, I see you ♪♪ ♪♪ oh, oh ♪♪"] SOUNDCUE 1:18 OC… you oh oh]]
Teyana Taylor wins Video Director of the Year
- ["It got to be quick cause I don't y'all playin that music on me. I do want to thank god, give him all the glory. That's right. Now make my way over to gratitude — quality of being thankful, I'm so thankful, so thank you so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you. [Audio cutting in and out] Crazy, thank you so much. Y'all, thank you so much, thank you. [Cheers and applause]"] SOUNDCUE 1:01 OC…much thank you [Cheers and Applause]]
Migos performs "Hotel Lobby"and "Bad N Boujee"
- ["1,2, 3, Let's go! Raindrop (Drip), drop-top (Drop-top) Smokin' on cookie in the hotbox (Cookie) on your bitch, she a thot, thot (Thot) Cookin' up dope in the crockpot (Pot) We came from nothin' to somethin' (Hey) I don't trust nobody, grip the trigger (Nobody) Call up the gang and they come and get ya (Gang) Cry me a river, give you a tissue (Hey) My is bad and bougie (Bad) Cookin' up dope with a Uzi (Blaow) My is savage, ruthless (Savage) We got 30s and hundred-rounds too (Grrah) My is bad and bougie (Bad) Cookin' up dope with a Uzi (Dope) My is savage, ruthless (Hey) We got 30s and hundred-rounds too (Glah) Offset, woo, woo, woo, woo, wooRackaids on rackaids (Racks), got back-ends on back-ends"] SOUNDCUE :40 OC…on back ends]]